Comprehensive Community Events Calendar for the Eastern Shore.
Many local businesses, municipalities, and community groups understand how frustrating it can be to try to schedule an event. Double-booking, over-scheduling, no centralized location for community postings, events, and announcements. In addition, there is often a paucity of searchable information available online to potential visitors looking for "things to do" on the Mid-Shore of Maryland.
DelMarVa Events Calendar was created to provide a centralized hub of events to avoid these issues and increase the visibility of local events on the world wide web.
Eleventh House's Contribution:
- Identified need and envisioned the solution
- Created the website template
- Launched beta website for one county
- Compiled 200+ unique events a month
- Collected 200+ events from myriad sources into a single comprehensive feed
- Developed ability to cross-promote events across multiple county feeds
- Developed a strategy for financial self-sufficiency
- Made project available to county tourism boards, municipalities, and local organizations interested in promoting local events