Global Art Project Brought Home to Easton, MD
Before I Die is a global art project that invites people to reflect on their lives and share their personal aspirations in public space. This project was started by Candy Chang on an abandoned house in New Orleans after she lost someone she loved.
Easton's "Before I Die" boards are located at the intersection of the Spanish-speaking and English-speaking communities intentionally. It is thought that seeing the aspirations of those from other cultures, written in a "foreign" language, will bring home the truth that we more alike than we realize.
Eleventh House's Contribution:
- Recognize the power of the Before I Die initiative
- Seek and win permission from building owner, adjacent businesses, and municipality
- Create and install the boards
- Maintain the boards with a wipe-clean weekly
- Document their activity on a dedicated Facebook page