Global Art Project Brought Home to Easton, MD
Before I Die is a global art project that invites people to reflect on their lives and share their personal aspirations in public space. Easton's "Before I Die" boards are written in both English and Spanish and are intentionally located at the intersection of the Spanish-speaking and English-speaking communities. It is thought that seeing the aspirations of those from other cultures, written in a "foreign" language, will bring home the truth that we are all more alike than we sometimes realize.
Eleventh House's Contribution:
- Recognize the power of the Before I Die initiative
- Seek and win permission from building owner, adjacent businesses, and municipality
- Create and install the boards
- Maintain the boards with a wipe-clean weekly
- Document their activity on a dedicated Facebook page